Here are the best restaurants in Atlanta for a fabulous steak dinner.
- Bones – A longstanding Atlanta restaurant is Bones, known for their fabulous steaks. The old school decor and phenomenal service really set them apart from other restaurants in Atlanta and why it is one of the best steak restaurants in Atlanta. When dining with groups get the seafood platter. You can’t go wrong with the NY Strip steak, especially when paired with a Cabernet.
- Capital Grille – Captial Grille is open in Buckhead and Dunwoody. Nevertheless, one of the best steaks to be had is the Kona Steak. This is a dry-aged, bone-in steak with a coffee rub. The shallot butter adds the perfect finish to this delightful cut of meat. This is a great choice for a special date night or celebration. You can’t go wrong if you choose this as it is a top choice for fabulous steak in Atlanta.
- OAK Steakhouse The lovely spot is located in Alpharetta’s Avalon and serves excellent steak. Filets, Rib-eyes and Strips are in the $50s, but the top of the line is the Dry Aged Steak from Mastery Purveyors of NYC. Dry aged beef is much less common than wet aged, mostly because of the price. The dry age process involved letting meat hang out in a cooler for about 21 days or more while allowing the flavors to develop fully. Read more about Oak Steakhouse.
- STK – STK, is part restaurant / part club. Passing by the beautiful bar, you’ll head up the stairs to the comfy rounded booths where your exceptional evening begins.
Some fantastic starters are the Beef or Tuna Tartare which just add to the reasons this is one of the best steak restaurants in Atlanta. For entrees, I recommend the Sirloin, dripping with butter and served with eight,yes eight dipping sauces. Read more about STK and my Midtown staycation.
- McKendrick’s Choosing between a NY Strip and a Ribeye is a difficult choice, but both are exceptional at this Dunwoody steakhouse. Sides of Lobster Mac and Cheese, Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts weren’t anything to dismiss either. Be sure to save room for dessert and go for the Turtle Gelato pie. Read more about McKendrick’s Steakhouse.
- Davio’s – While many think of this as an Italian restaurant and it’s name is Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse. The ribeye is huge and has a terrific amount of marbling for optimum flavor. For sides? Forget mashed potatoes, or creamed spinach like you get at all the other steakhouse. This is an Italian steakhouse, but still one of the best steak restaurants in Atlanta. You must get pasta as your side.
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse – Sure there’s Del Frisco’s in Buckhead. But this is its big brother. Massive towers of wine bottles are strategically placed throughout the two story restaurant located in Dunwoody. Plush, round tufted tables are appealing as is the upstairs dining area that overlooks the space below. At Del Frisco’s Double Eagle, you can choose between dry aged or wet ages steaks as well as as Wagyu steaks in 3 oz varieties. Make sure to begin your meal with the seafood tower (above left).