This time of year, my favorite adult beverage is red wine. It warms me up and pairs so well with so many hearty dishes. Come summer, though, I’m all about craft beer. Pilsner, IPA, Porter – I don’t discriminate. I was, however, sent some samples of Bohemia beer last month to try and here’s what I thought.
Now, I’m no Ale Sharpton or anything, but I do appreciate a good beer and found Bohemia to be pretty tasty. I sipped on it by itself and it has a light , crisp taste. But I also served it to some friends paired with Swiss Chard and Shrimp quesadillas. We all agreed it pairs quite well with spicy foods too.
They sent me some beer cocktail recipes which I didn’t try (yet) but I’ve included below. Cheers!
Bohemia Beer cocktails:
Makes 6 drinks
• 1 1/2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen raspberry juice concentrate, thawed
• 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
• 6 bottles (12 ounces each) Bohemia beer, chilled
• Optional garnish: whole raspberries
1.Mix raspberry juice concentrate (undiluted) with lime juice in a pitcher. Refrigerate until
2.To serve, pour about 1/3 cup of the raspberry mixture into chilled beer glasses. Top with
chilled Bohemia. Garnish with raspberries for a refreshing summer beverage.
Bohemia Apple Lime Cider
Makes 2 drinks
- 1 tablespoon each: coarse salt, sugar
- 1 cup fresh, unfiltered apple cider
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Bohemia
- Fresh lime wedges
1. Mix salt and sugar on a small plate. Use a lime wedge to moisten the rim of two beer glass. Dip the rims into the salt mixture.
2. Mix cider and lime juice in small pitcher. Divide among 2 beer glasses. Top with Bohemia. Serve with a lime wedge.