Two and Three Course Prix Fixe Menus at Popular Downtown Atlanta Restaurants
Downtown Atlanta’s Restaurant Week is back for its fourteenth year Saturday, July 23 through Sunday, July 31. The nine-day event features a number of restaurants throughout the neighborhood that are new to Downtown Atlanta, as well as the return of many classic Atlanta eateries.
With more than 35 participating restaurants this year, prix-fixe menus will range from $15, $25 or $35 for lunch and dinner options. Prices are per person and exclude alcohol, tax and gratuity. Here are my picks for the top 5 restaurants you should visit during Downtown Atlanta Restaurant Week.
- Alma Cocina – Like every Fifth Group restaurant, the design of Alma is beautiful. And the upscale Latin cuisine impresses too. On the menu is Cobia Ceviche, Asada Steak, Chicken Mole (love that spicy chocolate sauce!) and more!
- JP Atlanta – Plan on spending a little extra as you’ll want to try a cocktail or two. I had a blast at their cocktail demo at the Americas Mart Gift show, so can only imagine what a treat their cocktails will be at the restaurant. Their menu includes peanut hummus, scallops and short ribs!
- McCormick and Schmick’s – Sure, it’s a chain, but they do some terrific dishes. On the restaurant week menu is Ny Strip Carpaccio, Crab stuffed Shrimp and Jerk Mahi Mahi.
- Polaris – This is more than just a space with a great view. Chef Rodney Ashley really puts his heart into the dishes he serves and it shows. Though the menu is limited, it is terrific. I had the Watermelon Salad that’s on the menu recently and it is spectacular as is the blue dome dessert. Plan your visit accordingly to see that gorgeous sunset!
- Poor Calvin’s – Whenever someone just visiting Atlanta asks me for restaurant recommendations, Poor Calvin’s comes up. Chef / Owner, Calvin Phan plates up some beautiful dishes with an Asian / Southern fusion. The DARW menu is huge! For appetizers alone choose from Lobster Wontons, Crab Cake and Deviled Eggs with Korean BBQ Beef and Lychee Glaze (see what I mean about the Asian / Southern fusion)?
To view the most up-to-date list of participating restaurants, menus and event information, please visit http://www.atlantadowntown.com/fun/restaurant-week.