Famous Dave’s BBQ Sauce is loved all over. Make this famous BBQ sauce right in your own kitchen. Sweet, spicy, and citrus flavored, no wonder Famous Dave’s BBQ is loved by so many.
Recipe courtesy of RecipeSecrets.net
2 slices hickory-smoked bacon (thick cut strips)
1/3 cup chopped Vidalia onion or other sweet onion
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup Peach Schnapps
1/2 cup baking raisins
1 large jalapeno pepper, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup aged Alessi Balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup frozen tangerine juice concentrate
1/4 cup frozen pineapple concentrate
3 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 1/4 cups dark corn syrup
1 (12 oz.) can tomato paste
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon Maggi Seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 cup Kahlua
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
Directions to make Famous Dave’s BBQ sauce:
1. Place bacon in large skillet and fry until crisp; drain; reserve
1 tablespoon of the drippings in skillet.
2. Add onions to skillet and over medium-high heat caramelize until
a dark golden brown. Be careful not to burn; reduce heat to medium
low and deglaze pan with water.
3. Stir in schnapps, raisins, jalapeno and garlic; simmer 10
minutes or until mixture has a syrupy consistency; stir
occasionally to prevent sticking.
4. Remove from heat and transfer to blender (you may have to do it
in batches) and add vinegars, juice concentrates, molasses, lemon
and lime juices. Puree and return to saucepan.
5. To saucepan, add corn syrup, tomato paste, brown sugar,
Worcestershire sauce, mustard, chili powder, Maggi Seasoning, salt,
red pepper flakes, black pepper and cayenne. Mix well and bring to
low boil over medium heat; stir frequently.
6. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove from heat; stir in Kahlua and liquid smoke. Cool and
transfer to glass bottle; place in refrigerator. When completely
cold, cover. Store in refrigerator.