To celebrate Mexican Independence day or any day enjoy this Jalapeño Margarita!
Warning: This is pretty spicy, so make at your own risk. I found a recipe online for Jalapeno magaritas. Although it said to steep the jalapeno for 3 days, it was extremely spicy. I recommend steeping for only 1 day. One other change to the recipe was the substitution of triple sec in place of orange liqueur. The orange liqueur was more expensive, so I went for triple sec instead.
1. 1 jalapeño, poked with a knife
2. 1 1/3 cups tequila
3. 1 cup triple sec
4. 1 cup lime juice (10 limes if you want to use fresh lime juice)
5. 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
6. salt and ice
Directions for the best Jalapeño Margarita
1. In a jar, steep the jalapeño and tequila; keep at room temperature for 1 day.
2. Strain the tequila into a large pitcher and discard the jalapeño. Stir in the triple sec, lime juice and sugar.
3. Pour the salt and a small amount of the margarita onto 2 rimmed plates. Dip the rims of 6 glasses into the margarita, then into the salt. Fill each glass with ice, pour in the margarita and serve.