The traditional proposal model is for one person to get down on one knee, often during a romantic dinner and to pop the question in front of a room full of people. Modern couples are choosing to do things a little different, and many are opting for a vacation proposal. Planning a secret engagement trip getaway is a great way to make the occasion unique and memorable. A wedding proposal can be a very stressful event at the best of times, but if you choose to turn it into a vacation proposal, it can be very challenging. Here are some essential tips that will help avoid that overwhelmed feeling and culminate in a proposal you and your partner will never forget.
- Pick a Location – You want your proposal location to have that all important wow factor. It could be somewhere that’s visually beautiful or a spot with some personal significance.
- Rehearse What You’re Going to Say – Spend some time thinking about what you’re going to say when you propose to your partner. Simply asking them if they’ll marry you is unimaginative, to say the least! Something from the heart is best, and it would be preferable if nerves don’t get the better of you.
- Plan the Day – If you’ve decided on a vacation proposal, there’s far more to think about and plan than the moment when you pop the question. You want to keep that special feeling going and make the whole day memorable.
- Pick the Right Time for Your Proposal – If you’re taking a photographer along to capture the moment, the best time to propose is in the afternoon or early evening. If you’re going to be proposing over dinner, then make sure it’s before sunset, or you might find yourselves sitting in the dark.
- Photograph Everything – Your proposal could be over in the blink of an eye, and your proposal vacation will fly by so quickly it’ll be over before you know it. Photographs help keep the moment alive and help friends and family members feel a part of the action.
- Packing the Ring – The ring is the star of the show. You did plenty of research looking for the perfect engagement rings, that included perusing sites. It would be an absolute disaster if it gets lost on the way to your vacation. Protect both the ring and the surprise by packing it in a safe box in your carry-on luggage. If it’s an expensive ring, having it covered by an insurance policy is a smart thing to do.
- Have a Backup Plan – It always pays to have a backup plan because you never know what might happen while you’re away. It could rain for seven days solid, which would hamper your plans to get down on one knee while enjoying a lazy day on the beach. Consider booking a romantic dinner instead. Make sure your partner’s favorite dessert is on the menu, and a bottle of champagne is chilling on ice.
Follow these tips, and your vacation proposal will be at least one occasion when your partner won’t be able to resist saying yes.
Don’t forget to read my article on the most romantic honeymoon destinations!