Georgia’s Spirit of Appalachia Food, Wine & Art Festival is back again in Helen, GA
The grounds of Hardman Farm in Sautee Nacoochee / Helen, GA will be set for a celebration of food, wine and music on Saturday, September 15 for the Sprit of Appalachia.
Festival goers will taste dishes made from Georgia products by Georgia chefs, sample Georgia’s finest wines and craft beers and shop the booths of Georgia artists selling all types of creations.
Here’s what you can expect to find at the Spirit of Appalachia in Helen, GA:
- Celebrity chefs will present culinary demonstrations on the half-hour, making dishes using ingredients of participating food and farm producers.
- Wines of participating wineries will be recommended for each dish. Georgia wines will be available for tasting and for sale at the festival. Craft beers from Georgia breweries will be available for tasting and sale.
- Georgia artists and craftsmen working in all forms will show and sell their work.
- Music: It will be a Georgia grown soundtrack at the Spirit of Appalachia festival with Tommy Townsend, the Steve Bryson Band, Heidi Holton, and John Emil live on stage throughout the day.
- History: Soak up Georgia history by stepping into the cool halls of the Hardman House, which will be open for touring.
Wineries at the Spirit of Appalachia in Helen, GA
Sweet Acre Farms Winery
Sylvan Valley Cellars
Noble Wine Cellar
Yonah Mountain Vineyards
Currahee Vineyards & Winery
Where: Hardman Farm Historic Site, 143 Ga-17, Sautee Nacoochee, Ga. 30571
When: September 15, 10 AM – 5 PM
Admission: Admission to the festival is free. Parking for the festival is $10 per car.
Tickets will be sold on site for food, wine and beer tasting. Click here for more info.
Looking to make a weekend of it? The farm to table dinner happens the night before the Spirit of Appalachia. It was amazing! Tickets are $75 per person.