We’ve all been there before. We meant to plan an awesome date night, but we just kind of forgot. Or we found ourselves with a little free time that we didn’t expect. Whatever reason you need for a last-minute date, we’ve got you covered! Here are ten perfect last-minute date night ideas that require no planning ahead of time!
Glen and I are lucky because with no little ones at home we are free and flexibly to have date night whenever is convenient and it is easy to be spontaneous too, though we rarely do that. I am a planner through and through. I don’t know about you, but I love planning our date nights and our trips – it gives me so much joy to look forward to them, but I know many are not like that and don’t have the free time. So, here’s a list of sensational date night ideas that require no planning and bonus – they can be done for very little cost!
1. Find an event on Facebook events and go!
No matter what day of the week you look, I guarantee you will find something within at least a 30-mile radius of where you live! Find an event, and go! Step outside of your comfort zone and try something new. You can usually find concerts, art shows, and more on Facebook events!
2. Cook dinner together (one of my favorite date ideas) You don’t have to plan a special dinner! Just hop in the kitchen with your spouse and enjoy a little one-on-one time while you create a delicious meal from your meal plan. I know it doesn’t sound like it, but even making hamburgers with your spouse can be a lot of fun. For Glen and I this works well when I prepare a side dish while he is cooking something on the grill. Even though our kitchen is a decent size we often find ourselves on top of one another while sharing kitchen cooking duties.
3. Take dance lessons on YouTube (yes an indoor date night)
Want to learn basic ballroom dancing or even salsa? You can find a ton of great beginner’s instructional videos on YouTube! These are free, and you can look up one on the fly!
4. Go for a long drive
Hop in the car and drive around! Don’t navigate to any place in particular and see where your spontaneousness takes you. You can even take turns picking which way to turn!
5. Visit a local attraction as a date There are so many great local attractions in nearly every city! Find something such as a zoo or a museum and spend the day there. Many offer certain days when they are free or even have free events. So be sure to check out what is happening on their website.
6. Walk around your local park as a date Find a nearby park and go for a walk with your significant other! This is a great way to enjoy a romantic stroll and change up the scenery. Plus you get in some terrific exercise while you are having a date night!
7. Drive out and go stargazing with your significant other or spouse for date night
Okay, if you live in Atlanta where I do, this may be kinda hard. But if you have the time, drive out of the city. You don’t have to go far to get a great view of the stars! All you need to do is hop in the car and drive a little bit outside the city. You’ll find an open sky and a great view of the stars.
8. Go out for dessert for date night fun
Instead of trying to find the time for a whole dinner, why not just go out for dessert? Many restaurants have great dessert options, or you could go out for ice cream or a place that only serves dessert.
9. Build a blanket fort in your living room and watch movies
When was the last time you built a fort of any kind? They are seriously so much fun, and a great way to enjoy a movie! Put together a charcuterie plate and throw in a bottle of wine and you’ve got a fantastic adult date night that will also remind you of your childhood.
10. Have a backyard picnic date night
Grab whatever you have in the fridge, bring a blanket, and enjoy a nice picnic outdoors in your own backyard! You don’t have to do any planning ahead of time, and this will turn your regular meal into something a little more romantic.