Over 400 German restaurants, located throughout the United States participated in this first year of the search for the “Best German Restaurant in America”. Bavarian Grill, located in Plano, Texas, near Dallas – Fort Worth garnered almost one third of all the validated votes cast during the two-month online voting period. The restaurant also got high marks among all German restaurants in Texas in the ZAGAT Surveys® 2006, 2007, and 2008.
The goal of the annual competition is to recognize German restaurants that serve up a truly ethnic experience. Bavarian Grill’s classic German entrees like schnitzel, sauerbraten, bratwurst, and roasted ham hock are complimented by a selection of over 50 different imported German beers. They also have nightly live music with a distinctly Bavarian vibe.
Here’s a list of the top 10 which include one from Atlanta: Kurt and Vrenny’s in Duluth.
1. Bavarian Grill – Plano TX
2. Hollerbach’s Willow Tree Café – Sanford, FL
3. The German Restaurant – Holiday FL
4. Döner Bistro – Leesburg, VA
5. Waldhorn Restaurant – Pineville, NC
6. Old Europe Restaurant – Washington DC
7. Rudi Lechner’s Restaurant – Houston, TX
8. Bavarian Lodge – Lisle, IL
9. Kurt’s & Vrenny’s – Duluth, GA
10. Gasthaus zur Ellie – Prosperity, SC
For more information on German Food Products, visit the German Deli here.