Savannah, GA, is a city full of unique and vibrant neighborhoods with an incredible history spanning over three centuries. The charming cobblestone streets and beautifully designed buildings make Savannah one of the most visited cities for both locals and tourists looking to experience an authentic piece of Old South culture or just some of the best dining experiences.
With such rich history and diverse attractions, you can expect to find a wide range of amazing restaurants, bars, shops, galleries, museums, historic homes, and more throughout this coastal beauty. In this blog post, we have compiled the top rooftop bars and restaurants in Savannah, GA – some with views that will leave you speechless!
Best Rooftop Bars & Restaurants In Savanna GA
The Roof at the Drayton Hotel in Savannah
We happened to pass by the Drayton hotel and the look was so colorful and welcoming we popped in and upon learning they had a rooftop with live music we just had to take a peek. Although the roof isn’t decked out in anything over the top, it was the singer that made us linger. Her voice was so lovely and velvety we could have listened to her for hours.
The Lost Square at the Alida Hotel Savannah
The Lost Square is a rooftop bar serving a unique take on classic southern cuisine and traditional Irish fare – the Lost Square is a fabulous place to try something a little different. The cocktails are superb, and you can enjoy them overlooking this one-of-a-kind building that was constructed in an unusual triangular shape! Bring your sunglasses!
Cafe M Bakery Rooftop in Savannah
Cafe M bakery has two locations in Savannah that offer brick oven pizza pies made with fresh ingredients on display inside the restaurant for all to appreciate. Not only does Cafe M offer delicious pizzas, but they also have a wide variety of wines to choose from, along with several other delicious dishes like handmade pastas, salads, meats, and fish plates. This rooftop bar offers incredible views over Savannah and is a great place to stop in for drinks.
Le Chai Savannah rooftop tea house
Who says rooftops are only made for cocktails? A unique tea house serving up an array of herbal teas, lattes, espresso drinks, coffee, and more. The seating area on the upper level has comfy couches and chairs along with small round tables – making it an ideal spot to relax while taking in the amazing view out over downtown Savannah!
Rocks on the Roof Savannah
The Rocks on the Roof is a rooftop restaurant and bar offering up some of the finest sushi in Savannah, GA. As one of the top-rated restaurants for sushi, their menu offers a wide range of specialty rolls along with classic Japanese favorites like Teriyaki chicken, Tempura dishes, and Miso soups among others. With an extensive wine list and amazing views over Savannah River- it’s a great place to go for date night!
Rooftop at Soho South Cafe Savannah
Soho South Cafe hasn’t been in Savannah, GA for a long time but it’s certainly turning heads! Open seven days a week; they offer an eclectic modern menu and refreshing cocktails while taking in the stunning views over downtown Savannah. This upscale establishment has something for everyone- from live music on weekends to DJs spinning tunes during their Sunset Sessions Thursday through Sunday!
Myrtle & Rose Rooftop restaurant in Savannah
Myrtle & Rose is a rooftop restaurant and bar offering up all organic ingredients in their fresh menu items. Using only the finest foraged, grown, and harvested food- this farm-to-table approach makes Myrtle & Rose one of the best places to eat in Savannah! Their cocktails are equally impressive, with many crafted by local bartenders who have won awards in mixology competitions.
Electric Moon Skytop Lounge at the JW Marriott in Savannah on the River
A truly unique spot to enjoy an evening out, the Electric Moon Skytop Lounge is a rooftop bar atop the DoubleTree Hotel in Savannah. Featuring great views over downtown, live music during Sunset Sessions on Fridays and Saturdays, and DJs playing modern hits- this is definitely one of the best places to go for drinks after work or for weekend fun!
Top Deck Savannah at the Cotton Sail Hotel
Top Deck Savannah is a rooftop bar serving up southern comfort fare alongside delicious loft-crafted cocktails! Located atop The Bohemian Hotel, this place has some of the best views in town- making it one of the top rooftop bars or restaurants in Savannah, GA.
- Perch in Savannah
The Perch is a great place to relax outdoors while overlooking downtown Savannah. Featuring tasty appetizers, sandwiches, and snacks with dozens of different beers available! It’s one of the best places for rooftop bars or restaurants in Savannah, GA!
What do I need to know if I haven’t been to Savannah, GA before?
Open containers – Savannah is like a mini New Orleans (it has a haunted past with many ghost tours available. But you can walk around with a drinks in your hand.
Parking can be tough so try to walk if you can. Metered parking ends at 8pm. Wish I had known that before I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why it wouldn’t take my payment past 8 pm.
Savannah is a party city. Many come for girls weekends or bachelor / bachelorette parties. So be aware of this when booking your hotel, especially on River Street. These hotels tend to bear a lot of street noise late into the evening.
Brunch is served ever day in Savannah. Well, not at all Savannah restaurants but at many of them you can sleep in and mozy on down to brunch and have a cocktail at 11 am on Tuesday and no one will judge you.
What are the Best Times to Visit Savannah, GA?
Savanna, GA, is a year-round destination; and since the temperature is mostly mild any season is good. BUT, it is quite hot and humid in the summer months. From late May to mid September you may want to avoid the city if you don’t like hot and humid temps. I recommend fall as the best time to visit when the weather in Savannah is still great to get around but the humidity has left.
Here are just a few of the top activities for your enjoyment when you visit Savannah:
- Historic Tours: There are many different tours of Savannah that reveal the rich history and culture of our beloved city. From ghost tours to historic walking tours and beyond- there is always something for everyone. Trolley tours are great to do on a rainy day in Savannah.
- Horse and Carriage Rides: Take a ride through Savannah’s Historic District in an authentic carriage. The stress-free, romantic way to see all we have to offer! Learn more about horse-drawn carriage rides here.
- Riverboat Cruises: In the heart of downtown Savannah you will find River Street! Here you can take a ride along this beautiful river aboard a genuine paddle wheeler from American Cruise Lines! During the summer, there are different dinner cruise options available as well!
- Walking Tours: There is always a walking tour for everyone with everything from ghost tours to music cathedrals and beyond! Be sure to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to stay active while exploring Savannah’s past, present, and its future all in the same day!
- Market St. Walking Tour: The Market Street corridor is filled with shops, restaurants, and bars from end to end! There is never a dull moment as you stroll along this historic street. Stop by our famous City Market for shopping or head down River Street for more shopping and dining experiences!
- Cemeteries: One of the top things to do in Savannah involves exploring some of its graveyards! The African American burial grounds are filled with a fascinating history and are the most notable historical cemeteries tours.
What else is there to do in Savannah, GA?
Savannah, GA, has so much more to offer. Be sure to check out some of these other fabulous experiences!
- Fishing: Nowhere else will you find the best spot for fishing than on Savannah’s barrier islands! Experience the coastal lifestyle by heading out on a charter boat and catching your own dinner with friends and family!
- Live Theater: The most amazing shows come from theaters such as Lucas Theatre and Trustees Theater! With local productions and events, you will always find something that caters to your taste in entertainment. Don’t forget about Georgia Stage Company, which is the place to go for dance performances, musicals, and children’s theater!
- Great Restaurants & Bars: Savannah is one of the best destinations in the world when it comes to food and drinks! There are so many local restaurants and bars that cater to any palate and preference. Whether you want a boozy brunch or an appetizer on a rooftop terrace- they’ve got you covered!
With so much to offer, Savannah is sure to please everyone who wants to visit. Be sure to check out all of the amazing things Savannah GA has to offer and enjoy your stay!
Charles Normandin is a talented writer and public speaker who can speak 3 languages proficiently. He also offers dissertation help online and loves to draw, volunteer and climb rocks. Charles views the days he spends helping animals at the shelter better. Connect with him on Twitter @Charles60104524.