I love the Orange Peel Chicken at P.F. Chang’s. So, I was excited to find the recipe for it. Now, I can make it at home and save money rather than paying the full restaurant price.
P.F. Chang’s Orange Peel Chicken (from RecipeSecrets.net)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
4 green onions, sliced
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
peel from 1/4 orange, julienned (into 1/8″ thick strips)
1. Make the sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat oil; add garlic and
onions; do not let the garlic burn; add tomato sauce; bring to boil.
2. Add sugar, chili sauce and soy sauce; bring to boil; simmer five to
six minutes or until sauce thickens; remove from heat.
3. Prepare chicken: In wok or large skillet, heat oil. Meanwhile
cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
4. In medium bowl combine egg and milk; mix well. Place flour in
5. Coat chicken pieces – first in the flour, then the egg wash and
back into the flour. Cook in 2 or 3 batches until all chicken is
6. When chicken is done, remove oil and rinse out wok with water;
reheat pan. When hot, add orange peel and chicken; heat through –
about a minute – stirring gently.
Want access to hundreds of recipes like this? Click Here!