Super Bowl Recipe: Mahogany Wings
Looking for a delicious wings recipe before the BigGame? Try Chef Shane’s Mahogany wings with blue cheese dressing. They’re spicy, but will be a great appetizer for any football party!
Feeds 4-6 people (Spicy)
· Rinse about 3lbs of chicken wings in colander under running water
· Shake colander the pat dry wings using paper towel.
· 1&1/2 cups soybean oil
· 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon ginger powder
· 2 tablespoons white vinegar
· 1 tablespoon Sambal Chili paste
· 2 teaspoons salt
· Combine all ingredients in blender and blend on high until ingredients are emulsified together.
· Pour marinade over chicken wings and toss to coat wings evenly. Let sit minimum 1/2 hour.
· Grill wings on hot grill turning every 5 minutes (to make sure all sides are cooked through) until wings are cooked thoroughly.
Mahogany Sauce (this is where you can control the heat)
· 1 cup Oyster Sauce (you can find this in the Asian foods section of your grocery store)
· 1/2 cup Sambal Chili paste (also in Asian foods section)
· 1/4lb melted butter
· Melt butter in small sauce pan being careful not to boil.
· Add butter, Sambal and Oyster sauce in medium mixing bowl. Blend until dark and smooth.
· Toss grilled chicken wings in bowl making sure Mahogany sauce coats wings evenly.
Recipes courtesy: Ocean’s Catering
Pin for later:
You may also like: