Instant Pot Corned Beef Cabbage: Perfect Meal When Entertaining Big Crowds
If you’ve got a big crowd to entertain, this Instant Pot Corned Beef Cabbage is a great choice. Of course, there are numerous ways to cook corned beef and cabbage. I’ve always made in my slow cooker, but I wanted to experiment with a recipe to make corned beef and cabbage in my Instant Pot. It is a great traditional Irish Recipe or perfect for St. Patrick Day.
Ingredients to make this Instant Pot Corned Beef Cabbage Recipe:
- 2-3 lb beef brisket (mine was 3.5 lbs, just make sure it fits into the pot!)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 4-5 potatoes, sliced into thirds and then cut in half
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
Seasoning for the Corned Beef Caggage:
(if you have the spice packet that came with the corned beef just use that and omit the spices below)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (omit if you don’t want a little spice)
Directions for insanely delicious Corned Beef and Cabbage:
- Place 1/2 cup of water into the bottom of the instant pot. Place the meat into the pot. Add remaining water and sprinkle meat with seasonings.
- Add potatoes, onions, carrots and cabbage on top of the meat, making sure you don’t extend the food beyond the fill line.
3. Close the instant pot and the pressure release valve. Turn the pot to manual, high pressure for 40 minutes. Once cooking cycle is finished, let pressure naturally release for 20 minutes. Release pressure valve, open lid and remove meat and vegetables.
Leave a Comment